During our snowstorm I took an adventure out to play in the snow with my teammate Julia

Friday, August 21, 2009

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to everyone that it has taken me forever to write! Yesterday was Katherine's (the American teammate out here with me) birthday and one of the warmest days of the year in Odense. So all Katherine wanted to do was go to the beach. So we didn't get up until noon (i blame it on the jet lag) and then just drank coffee out on balcony. Then we decided to figure out the transportation system and get in our suits to head to the beach. We totally looked like tourists with huge bags filled with clothes because we didn't know if the weather would stay nice or get cold. And then Katherine had to go and buy a map and I was so embarrassed that she was publicly letting everyone know that we have no clue what we are doing....hahaha. But we really needed it so I guess I'm glad she did. We made it to the beach very smoothly! The bus system is amazing and always on time which is nice. I can't even pronounce the name of the town we went to but it was a very quaint beach town. With cute little cafes all over the place. We started walking over this bridge, where little boys were jumping off of into the water, to get to the beach. We thought we saw the beach on the other side so we were like "oh no turn around we gotta go back the other way". So we turn around and start heading towards our "beach" and end up in the boat area. And for those of you who aren't familiar with parked boats at a dock the beach is nowhere near that. And as we turn our heads we see that the beach was on the side that we had just walked away from. You would think that there would be a couple bridges to crossover to get there, but why would they make it that easy for us. So we had to walk about a mile to get back over to the actually beach! We were so frustrated and tired of carrying our heavy bags! When we finally arrived at the beach it was starting to get windy. And within the first hour we had taken off our clothes to lay out in our swim suits, and put back on our sweats to stay warm! It reminds me a lot of colorado springs......you know because of all the great beaches and everything.....lol. But all in all it was a good day and Katherine got to do what she wanted to do on her birthday!

Today we struggled getting up and had to go over to the fitness center where we clean. Katherine and I absolutely love going here because the people are so fun to be around and we are trying so hard to get them to like us because we want to be friends. I'm thinking in a couple weeks we will work up enough courage to talk to them about where this friendship can go! It is owned by a family and they all are so nice to us. The grandmother however can't speak English at all so we just laugh with her and we try to figure out what one another is saying. The day we first started she had to ask one of the guys working out to tell us we were doing too good of a job and that we didn't have to clean that hard! And Katherine and I were thinking "oh yeah we are totally scoring brownie points with this family, this friendship is so gonna happen!" But today our normal driver was out of town so we had to figure out how to get there on our own. All we had was an address and we started walking to where we thought downtown was. We walked past some really cool places and were just loving where we were. Then all of a sudden we realized we had been walking for over 20 min and had no clue where this fitness center was. So we stopped and asked a couple who pointed us in the right direction. We got there in time shortly realized that we took a very scenic route to get there and that we could shave off some time next time we walk. But when Katherine and I get into conversations we totally forget what our purpose is of walking, but for some reason we always get to where we need to be.

Before practice today I had to coach some little 13 yr olds.....and when I say coach I mean I talked extremely slow and then the girls looked at me like I had ketchup on my face or something. I didn't realize how hard the language barrier was with the little kids. But I got through the practice but have no idea if I even taught them volleyball or not.

Ok so it is really late out here and I need to get some rest.....and I also need to tell this fly on my wall who has decided to spend the night tonight that I'm not comfortable with him buzzing around my head while I sleep. I'm pretty sure he will ask why I left my window open and invited him in. I'm sure we will come to some kind of an agreement. Maybe he can start paying rent or something........does anyone know if flies do that here in Denmark? I'm pretty sure they ignore you in the states....hahahaha....wow now I'm making myself laugh I really need some sleep.

I hope you are all doing well and to everyone who has sent me an email keep them coming! I love reading all of them and thank you for taking the time to talk to me!!!!

Much Love to you all!!!!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment