During our snowstorm I took an adventure out to play in the snow with my teammate Julia

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hej (Thats hi in danish i think)

Well today we didn't have practice because so many girls couldn't make it so Katherine and I figured it would be a perfect day to do laundry. Laundry is so weird here.....the appliances are so much smaller than what I'm used to and everyone just hangs up their clothes outside. Even though we do have a dryer I don't know if people actually use it. And I was so spoiled in the states cuz now we have to pay to do laundry! crazy......So while we are doing laundry we ate out on our deck cuz the sun was out and now Katherine is reading her book so I thought I would come in and say hi to you all.

We will start up practice again on Monday. We have another coach helping us and he used to train the Japanese women's national team. His name is Mizuno which I thought was funny considering he's a vball coach and his wife Saori (who also played on the Japanese women's national team) will be joining us too. She didn't think she was going to be able to play this year because of a back injury but decided that she could. She used to be an outside but is going to play middle this year so that she doesn't have to take as many swings. And maybe that will help out with her back issues. I don't think either of them speak English or Danish very well or at all so it should be pretty interesting.

Practices having been going pretty good. Their isn't anxiety to play like there was in college. So you actually feel like you can just go out there and play hard without someone jumping down your throat! They treat you like adults and have high expectations but aren't there to rip you a part. They want you to keep getting better......huh interesting.....no wonder why europeans play till they're in their 40's! They just love the game and get so good at it!!! I love the girls on the team and we all seem to get along so far.....and I hope it stays like that!

Well I best be getting on with the day.....actually I guess its evening already....I have no concept of time because I don't have a watch, cell phone, and my computer is set to a different time zone. So I just kind of go when I'm told to.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment