During our snowstorm I took an adventure out to play in the snow with my teammate Julia

Sunday, January 3, 2010

So this is Debbie, the mom! I am sitting next to Kristen and have told her how annoying it is to check her blog and see November 21 over and over again so she told me to say something. Kristen has been home in Colorado since December 22. It was quite the journey for her to make her way home for Christmas. But she made it and now it's time for her to return to Odense. I think she's kinda sad about leaving and I know I'm very sad that she's leaving. The not quite 2 weeks went by way too fast. She is flying back standby which will be challenging, please pray for her. She's going Denver to Washington DC, DC to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Hamburg and then maybe taking a train from Hamburg to Odense. All in all, I think she's doing pretty well. She loves her teammates and hanging out with the guys from the men's team. In between practices and matches, she does some cleaning and coaching to make some money. Things are pretty expensive over there so every little bit helps. About 6 weeks ago, K told me that she believes she's suppose to be in Denmark but that she thinks it has nothing to do with volleyball. Maybe some personal growth, maturity, that kind of thing. I'm convinced that one day she'll look back at this experience and say that it was amazing. And she'll be so glad that she did it. In the meantime, she misses home and family and friends. And a toilet that works and a shower that's normal. Her team is doing well, they are playing in the Cup final on January 24 and Bill is planning to be there. Well, that's a little update from the mom's point of view. Thanks for being a part of this journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment