During our snowstorm I took an adventure out to play in the snow with my teammate Julia

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hey everyone! sorry it has taken me so long to write. We haven't had a lot of access to internet lately but will hopefully get it in our house in the next week.

So just a little update on me. We went to Germany last weekend to play the top German team and another German team that took 4th last year. These teams were AMAZING!!!! Both teams had players girls that play on either the German national team or the French national team. So needless to say they were a little bit better than us.....hahaha. But it was really good experience especially for our young players to see that kind of volleyball. I struggled most of the weekend passing. For some reason my platform has not been the same. It has been really frustrating and I don't understand what is going on. I used to be so confident in it and now I feel like my confidence is getting lower with each practice and match. But hopefully I will snap out of it and get back into. If anyone has a nice perfect platform for sale I will pay anything for it!!!!!hahahaha (but seriously i will). We go to France in a week to play some of the top French teams and from what I've heard from the girls these teams are better than the German teams!!! So it may be a little rough! But I just hope that we take a lot of good from it and learn a lot as well. So just keep us in your prayers as we go into next week!

I'm slowly but surely starting to get adjusted. They got Katherine and I bikes to get around which makes me really nervous. I am a bad biker. I can't make sharp turns. I asked for training wheels on my bike but instead got a guys bike. And people can't really use the phrase "its like riding a bike" with me because it means nothing to me! But I will let you all know how it goes! It should be pretty comical.

We get to stay in the house that we moved in to because there are 2 American boys that are playing on the men's pro team, and they are living with us. They are both really nice so it should be fun. The only issue we have is that we only have 1 bathroom and shower. So it will be interesting to see how all that works out. But so far we haven't had any issues. But right now neither of them has a room or a bed so they both sleep on little mattresses in the living room. I feel so bad for them. Over the weekend while we were in Germany we let them use our beds and they said it was amazing! I felt bad taking my bed back but they should be getting their rooms here soon!

Well I am missing everyone back at home and I can't wait to hear from everyone and all the updates!!!

Love you all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen!
    I've been thinking about you and praying for you. Sounds like you are doing well, glad to hear it. Love to hear about the travel too. France? I'm sooo jealous. What city will you be in? Bon Voyage cherie!
    bisous, bisous Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen!
    I saw your blog address on your Mama's facebook page so I thought I would come check it out. That is awesome that you are still playing volleyball! You go girl! What a fun adventure. I can't wait to continue reading your blog and following your season.

    I wish you and your back the best. You are in my prayers!

    Take care,
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete